Let's short stocks together!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

What in the world am I doing?

This blog is going to chronicle my attempts at shorting stocks. No, I've never done this before, so I'm not an expert, nor should anything I say be taken as investment advice (but I am open to taking all advice from the random anonymous internet gurus reading my blog). Like a baby learning to walk, I will probably have a perfect track record with absolutely no mistakes. Sarcasm sensors are a must, and please oblige me if I wander off the beaten path to bitch rant rage offer constructive thought about random important topics and make unfunny inside jokes.

I decided to short stocks because I can't help but shake the feeling that - Egad! - there just might be more P.O.S. stocks out there than big winners. Do you ever get that feeling? As I grew tired of watching my long-only portfolio decline in value for no other reason than those nasty short sellers sledge-hammering my babies, I figured hey, if you can't beat them, join them!

So here I am. What should I short first? Any ideas?

*crickets*

2 comments:

  1. Dark Side,

    You may want to check out my new site, ShortScreen.com, which features tools and ideas for short sellers, including a screener that pulls up stocks predicted to go bankrupt by their Altman Z-scores. Here is a recent review of ShortScreen by JohnChow.com.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting concept, DaveinHackensack. I'll check it out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete